I'm almost embarrassed to say that I live less than 3 hours from this stunning lake and had never been there until this fall, but it's the sad truth. I travel often, but it usually involves a plane ride. I saw someone post a photo of Peyto on Instagram and looked it up immediately. When I saw how close it was, I planned a weekend trip to explore the area. I was not disappointed - in fact, this view ranks in one of my top 5 from around the world - and I have been to every continent. It's also a very easy short hike on a paved path to the lookout - less than ten minutes, although it is quite steep in some places.
What lots of people don't know is that there is another viewpoint about 10 minutes farther up the mountain - another easy hike, but unless you know where the path is, you'd walk right past it. It was worth getting lost a few times to end up here - and have the whole place to ourselves. I am not often brought to tears by scenery, but the combined beauty and serenity of this majestic view was unlike anything I'd ever seen. I know this won't be my last visit!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor