In the Blue Hour, August 21st 2009, Hurricane Bill exits east from the NJ coastline and fizzles out at sea. This photograph was taken some time ago with the Nikon D200, one of the first serious digital cameras. It opened my mind to how the new digital world could actually see better and more than my eyes could.
Some basic post-production adjustments were made, opening up exposure and shadows. With my wife present, she later told me that a woman approached her with a question as I stood in the darkness, What does he see that I don't see".
As a pair, along with another photo I printed from that night, 'Night Ocean Dark', they can be viewed as Yin Yang, Heaven Hell or just Light Dark. To me, the darkness brought to light a whole new way of photography.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor