I was determined to capture a landscape with snow. I started out on the mountain roads, and about 10 minutes in, I began to see some signs of the frost turning into ice chunks and then finally snow.
I stopped by the side of the road to capture this wonderful sight of the barn covered with powder, the pond reflecting the beautiful light and deep shadows, and the surrounding area filled with snow. The trees were virtually stripped of their foliage enhancing the scene with the feeling of isolation the winter setting for which I was searching.
I upped my exposure so that I could capture the barrenness and purity of the freshly fallen snow. With much exhilaration, I continued on my way in the hopes of finding more, deeper snow for the perfect snow angel!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor