Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Alaska Range Sunrise
At 20,310 feet, Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley) is the tallest mountain in North American. It is part of the Alaska Range , a 400-mile long mountain range in Southcentral Alaska. Seen here from Anchorage, it is over 130 miles away as the crow flies. To the left is Mount Foraker at 17,402 feet. Because of their height and latitude in the sub-Arctic, they are covered in snow and ice (glaciers) year round.
On this cold, clear November morning, the first rays of the rising sun were beginning to illuminate the Alaska Range with warm, yellow light. In the foreground, in darkness, was the Knik Inlet and Susitna Flats covered with ground fog. This image is a composite of two photos; an in-camera motion blur of the foreground was combined with a sharp image of the mountains in the background. The result is a study in contrasts of texture and color: smooth, wavy, and foreground with the hard, sharp background against a soft sky; and, cool blues and grays of the foreground with the warm yellows and oranges of the background.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor