This image was made in early November 2023 during an expressive photography workshop in Yosemite Valley. As this was my first visit to Yosemite - a landscape photographer's paradise - I wanted to attempt a variety of images and compositions, from intimate to abstract to wide compositions.
This morning along the Merced River was quiet and still, with a bit of haze as the sun broke over the valley's walls, gently illuminating the pine and oak trees. Looking up the river, I found this scene, which evoked the calmness and peacefulness I felt at the moment.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor