This is an image from a hike in Donau Auen National Park, a riparian forest along the Danube River east of Vienna. Back from a day tour, my wife and I rested and had a picnic in this quiet and remote place.
This oxbow lake was partially frozen after severe frost during the last night. The trees in the background were still lit in the late afternoon, and their reflection's warming and comforting glow caught my attention. I was especially attracted by the cooler and warmer shades complementing each other.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor