These are two stacks in front of Black beach near Vik in Iceland. It was a cloudy, rainy day, but the forecast suggested it could clear up for sunset.
We were there just in time, but there were still clouds around sunset. However, the sky cleared up a few minutes later, and we had great light.
This image was captured with a medium telephoto lens to isolate the sea stacks. I have used a 1.6 sec exposure time to keep some details in the water. I applied a graduate filter in the post process to increase the contrast a little in the sky.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor