These are two stacks in front of Black beach near Vik in Iceland. It was a cloudy, rainy day, but the forecast suggested it could clear up for sunset.
We were there just in time, but there were still clouds around sunset. However, the sky cleared up a few minutes later, and we had great light.
This image was captured with a medium telephoto lens to isolate the sea stacks. I have used a 1.6 sec exposure time to keep some details in the water. I applied a graduate filter in the post process to increase the contrast a little in the sky.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor