Just before Christmas 2018, after a small snowfall, I decided to go snowshoeing in a forest in the St-Donat-de-Montcalm region. The landscape was covered by beautiful fresh snowflakes and the sunlight made the ice crystals sparkle. The whole area was full of curves, lines and patterns, a beautiful texture. My eyes travelled over the area hunting a worthy composition. Catching sight of this little lonely tree seedling amidst the white background, I stopped to create the image. Handholding the camera, I took the shot. To have a perfect histogram (ETTR), I overexposed by 2 stops. A fresh snowfall is a wonderful backdrop and I will certainly return with camera in the coming season to seek out more of these little gems.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor