Just before Christmas 2018, after a small snowfall, I decided to go snowshoeing in a forest in the St-Donat-de-Montcalm region. The landscape was covered by beautiful fresh snowflakes and the sunlight made the ice crystals sparkle. The whole area was full of curves, lines and patterns, a beautiful texture. My eyes travelled over the area hunting a worthy composition. Catching sight of this little lonely tree seedling amidst the white background, I stopped to create the image. Handholding the camera, I took the shot. To have a perfect histogram (ETTR), I overexposed by 2 stops. A fresh snowfall is a wonderful backdrop and I will certainly return with camera in the coming season to seek out more of these little gems.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor