The Tua River, with a forty kilometres course in the region of Trás-os-Montes, northeast of Portugal, results from the junction of two rivers - Tuela and Rabaçal, both originating in Spain, the first in Castile and Leon and the second in Galicia.
This junction occurs near the city of Mirandela. Previously a free river, it now ends in a large hydroelectric dam, built very close to the Douro, which began functioning in 2017. Along its route, the Tua River crosses successively the regions of Mirandela, Vila Flor, Carrazeda de Ansiães, Murça and Alijó. It presents many stretches of great beauty landscape, some humanized, others wild in nature, which, until 2008, could be appreciated during an extraordinary train journey on a line that ran alongside the river.
This autumn, extremely rainy in the country, the Tua overflowed its banks and presented an impressive and overwhelming flow that I tried to capture in this image, taken a few days ago on a morning with a sky full of clouds. Poplars, abundant on the river banks, still have some yellow, orange and brown leaves, which contrast with the grey reflection of the sky in the river water that passes with great momentum.
The image's general tone appeared to correspond well with the Fall. Grey, yellow, brown, orange, and dark green are the dominant colours of the Autumn landscape in Trás-os-Montes, northeast of Portugal.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor