In mid-October 2023, my friends invited me to go scouting in the Eastern Townships of Quebec to discover its beauty during the autumn season. Before leaving home, the weather forecast for the area was good.
While driving on Mystic Road, I spotted the intensely red trees. I stopped the car and parked safely on the side of the road. The scene contains, by layers, many of autumn's fundamental elements: a leafy ground carpet, a golden corn field, a vividly coloured tree, a leafless tree, and finally, a cloudy sky.
I used a 42mm focal length to compose the image handheld. As usual, to have a perfect histogram (ETTR), I had overexposed by 0.7 stops. Autumn is a gorgeous season for photography. This scene will be only in white and brown in a couple of weeks!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor