This is Fall at Caddo Lake in Late October. I was new to the area so I hired a fishing guide who knows the lake well.I am too old to get stuck on a lake in the dark or in a thunder storm.Caddo is the name of an Indian tribe that has lived for eons in the area. There are kiacks that can be rented for lake exploration.This is a big lake stretching half into Louisiana and half into Texas. Most of the bogs and bayous are on the Texas side. To compensate for the boat motion I pushed the ISO to 3200. The noise isn't really noticeable on the D850. The shore side area of the lake is seldom more than 3 to 4 feet in depth and there are photographers who live in the area that use waders and tripod to get their shots buy the water is very cloudy.TCaddo Lake is just about the furthest north that will get the colors on the Bald Cypress Trees.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor