TAKE PART • WIN $100
I often see a scene and visualize something that may be slightly different than what is presented to me, my own vision, my own interpretation. We’ve all experienced when nature speaks to us, calls us to its subtle simplicity. As I drove along a road in the country side I spied these willows all alone in the distance. Is there something there which is photographically pleasing? I need to look harder but not necessarily with my eyes but instead with my vision. I put on my snowshoes and with my trusty dog Shadow we headed into the mystic to explore that which was calling me.
This simple scene would be quite ordinary if one were to pass by on the nearby road. In fact, I doubt that I would have recognized this as a possible compelling photograph had I not been looking hard for one. The combination of the distant willow bushes and the pleasing lighting drew my attention, captured my vision. The warm light scattered by the fog and reflected by the fresh snow created a subtle inviting glow enhancing the lonely willows in the distance. Recognizing these elements as components to my vision the scene called to me, urging me to find it. It is often the simplest of things that can speak with the loudest voice as this simple scene did to me. I’ve learned over and over that you don’t have to be in epic locations to see compelling visually driven photographic opportunities. You just have to be on a vision quest.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor