The Funiculaire de Saint-Hilaire du Touvet, or Saint-Hilaire du Touvet Funicular, is a funicular railway in the department of Isère in the Rhône-Alpes region of France. It links Montfort on the road between Grenoble and Chambéry, with the village of Saint-Hilaire du Touvet, located on the Plateau des Petites Roches.
I was on Neurosurgical training in Grenoble and I knew there is a Funicular train station in Saint Hilaire Du Tuvet. I was eager to see the funicular train as I had experienced one in Hong Kong.
I sat on a high point on the hill, and saw beautiful French alps through my 70-200mm lens.
The sight was quiet magnificent, seemed like multiple layers after layer of blue French Alps. Every day of my French stay was a beautiful day. Once I clicked the picture and came down, I realized the time for last bus to town is very little. Unfortunately the bus didn't come . The pressure was mounting on me because in Europe the streets are dead after 7 PM.
However after about 30 minutes of wait (which seemed very long) I was picked up by a very nice French couple who probably understood my problem and gave me a lift , gave me supper and a Bible and dropped me to the railway station. Travel and Photography has made me believe in the world really. People have so much love in their hearts, so contrary to what we see in media. That day the couple didn't give me lift, but rather a life time memory to cherish...
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor