Bear rock preserve is a photographic paradise. Located in West Virginia the Dolly Sods is an area facing east on Canaan valley and popular for sunrise images.
The area is covered with rocks, pines and blueberry bushes that during the fall season become an ocean of red. This photo was taken at the beginning of October.
I was lucky the clouds pointed toward the tree with the sunburst. I went on my knees to take this image pointing the camera up. I used f/22 to get a nice sunburst and to help to clouds to point the viewer to the tree in the background.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor