This image of a smoky sunrise on St. Mary's Lake in Glacier National Park was taken in September during a terrible wildfire season in the Western United States. During the 5 days of photographing Glacier National Park, the conditions varied from being unable to see the mountains to a dull haze covering anything beyond 100 meters. Upon arrival at the planned location at St. Mary's Lake, I was disappointed I could not photograph the traditional sunrise colors from the sky reflected in the water. After reviewing this image on the LCD panel and then in post-production, I became intrigued and started to appreciate the mood created by the orange sky and the deep orange sun. The image can be viewed as otherworldly, possibly even a Martian sunrise.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor