My wife has family in England and we have visited there four times now. The second to last trip was in 1995 though, and she wanted to go again in 2019, which we did from late April to early May. During the other trips, we were in places from London to Wales to Scotland. This time, she wanted to see the south coast. I worked up a number of nice locations to fill a week and a half following some time in London again.
Several days after London we were at Corfe, just a short way inland from the ocean, to see the castle there and some other local sights. After visiting the castle, we drove a little way to Studland, and then hiked about a mile to see the Old Harry Rocks, an area of sea stacks and cliffs. This day was largely for scouting, as I wanted to see how I might shoot from here at sunrise.
The next morning, I got up early and headed back out to the Rocks, this time laden with my photo gear. There were very few clouds, so that was not going to produce much color in the sky. I waited for the sun to come up and did shoot the sunrise, but soon found that a better scene on this morning was back to the west. The early sun painted a very pleasant, warm light on the cliffs and sea stacks, and as a bonus, the calm sea made for a nice reflection too.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor