The fall colors in Colorado in 2021 were really spectacular. I was out exploring the mountains and in search of beautiful vistas and fall colors. I had scouted this location the evening before I took this photo. The the fall colors were looking very good and I was able to get some nice photos that day. Later, I was able to check the weather forecast which was predicting snowfall the next morning. So the next day I headed back to the same location. But because of the snowfall and because I was making fresh tracks on the road, the trek was a bit treacherous. Thankfully when I arrived at the location, the wind and the clouds sporadically left openings to capture the peaks in the area. The same wind was blowing the snow over the hills and across the top of the forest. I stayed there for a bit trying to capture the dramatic nature of that autumn morning.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor