Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
About a dozen years ago, my wife and I were taking a walk and I asked her if she could go somewhere on a trip, where would it be? Her first thought was Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, so I started planning to visit. Yellowstone is very close to Grand Teton NP, so I added a couple days there as well.
We enjoyed both parks very much, but did not have as much time in the Tetons as we would have liked. Last year, as part of revising our travel plans due to Covid, we made a trip across the Dakotas to Wyoming again, and booked a lodge in Grand Teton NP for a week to give us plenty of time and to allow for weather.
Last summer was another one for major wildfires in the western US, and heavy smoke was a severe problem for visibility. We got lucky in that just before we arrived at our lodge, there had been a rain storm that cleared the air and visibility stayed good for several days. A wonderful spot that I wanted to return to was Jenny Lake, which has a fantastic view of the Teton Range. I also had not been there at sunrise before.
The early calmness and first light on the mountains made for a wonderful reflection shot across the lake.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor