Driving around near home with my camera I spotted this convention of Fox Tail Agave's. They are usually planted in groups of threes or fours.
These agave are called Century Plants because people believe that they bloom every 100 years. Actually they bloom once in about 25 years. They then die.
Pups at the base fall to the ground to start the cycle over. This panorama of arches should happen again in about 13 years. I hope that I will be around to record it again.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor