The iconic peak from Gurez Valley gathers the last light of the evening as the water in the Kishanganga River flows by in its awe.
As for the name of this graceful pyramid like peak, it's after the eponymous peasant poetess, also called the "Nightingale of Kashmir" who spent her early days in the Gurez area.
Legend has it that she still lives here, longing for her lost love.
Some stories galvanised the landscape photographer in me into action. Here's the result of that fine evening I spent there.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor