I was hunting for images during a snowshoe trek with my camera in the St-Donat-de-Montcalm region. Passing through this location, I was struck by this scene. It looked like ice crystals floating on a magic carpet. For a second, I saw a snow boulevard crossing the lines of snow. The snow's texture, purity and patterns were the compositional elements. For those conditions, I have learned the importance of exposing to the right (ETTR), and in this case, I overexposed by two stops. The many aspects of snow define the beauty of winter for me.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor