Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
My shot of a fading sunset was taken at the location of the historic Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in Brunswick, Maine. I was taken by how the light made for both mystery and also revealed the quiet grandeur of the Maine coast at this time of day, and hoped to show this. I learned from my study of Aesthetic Realism, founded by the important critic, Eli Siegel, that how opposites are one in a photo, like dark & light, or the hidden & shown, is what makes for beauty. As many times as I've photographed Pemaquid Point Lighthouse, I always see newly how the beauty of the landscape deeply effected people, and was one large reason the lighthouse was placed here.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor