In October of 2018, I planned a sunrise shot from Lake Ouareau’s shoreline. I arrived at the selected spot 45 minutes before sunrise to be certain to catch the blue hour. That morning, when the first light appeared, the low clouds were pink with the beautiful blue sky on the upper clouds creating a gorgeous color contrast. I had installed my tripod with my Leica wide-angle lens to make this image and capture the composition I wanted. The 4-second exposure flattened the small waves and amplified the beauty and contrast in the clouds, as well as the lines and reflection on the water. Once again, getting up early and planning paid off.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor