Alberta falls is made by Glacier Gorge lake on Glacier Gorge trailhead, in Estes Park Town in Colorado in USA. I had long dreamed of shooting Fall colors in USA. I am inspired since childhood to go to National Parks of USA. For me Yosemite national park and Acadia National parks were the most desirable visits.
Finally I came across an opportunity to present a paper in Pediatric Neurosurgery at Denver. Since I had never travelled USA I had to study places I could travel around Denver city.
I realized that Rocky Mountain National Park is just 100 miles away and remains the most visited national park of USA. I was more than happy to make a 5 nights stay to shoot Fall colors, however the only odd was that I was in October, which is last part of fall color season, I was unsure about getting fall colors, as one snow fall and all yellow/orange/red leaves are gone overnight.
But I was lucky to get yellow orange leaves.
I took a risky jump on to a boulder in the middle of the river to create a perspective. I took a long exposure shot by using Lee filter system (10 stop filter). It was my first long exposure waterfall shot and I am proud of myself to create what I had planned.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor