I consider myself blessed to live in Alaska and have the opportunity to explore the many wild areas of the state such as Denali National Park. Over the years camping and hiking in Denali, I have realized it's best to always be prepared for the serendipitous moment. Have your gear ready, know your camera like the back of your hand and explore tirelessly. Wether it's the wildlife or scenery your after, in my experience, early morning or late evening yields the best chance for success.
Animals are on the move in the cool hours of dawn and dusk and the soft light on the tweens is ideal for landscape shots. This image appeared like a mirage as I was out on an early morning hike and I stood there mouth agape as the Great One revealed itself slowly. I know where to stand to get the iconic shot of the mountain from across Wonder Lake, I have mine and appreciate it, but find it more rewarding to learn of the many more places in the park you can see the mountain when it is out and the unique compositions those locations can provide.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor