Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I consider myself blessed to live in Alaska and have the opportunity to explore the many wild areas of the state such as Denali National Park. Over the years camping and hiking in Denali, I have realized it's best to always be prepared for the serendipitous moment. Have your gear ready, know your camera like the back of your hand and explore tirelessly. Wether it's the wildlife or scenery your after, in my experience, early morning or late evening yields the best chance for success.
Animals are on the move in the cool hours of dawn and dusk and the soft light on the tweens is ideal for landscape shots. This image appeared like a mirage as I was out on an early morning hike and I stood there mouth agape as the Great One revealed itself slowly. I know where to stand to get the iconic shot of the mountain from across Wonder Lake, I have mine and appreciate it, but find it more rewarding to learn of the many more places in the park you can see the mountain when it is out and the unique compositions those locations can provide.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor