In 2016, we spent three gorgeous weeks in Italy: two hiking in the Dolomites, and the last in Venice to visit, dine on great food, and relax. One of the mornings in Venice, I got up early and walked. Crossing a bridge, I was happy to see a canal with a collection of small boats docked a short distance from a pedes-trian bridge. The coloured sidewalls and their reflection on the relatively still water create great depth of field and these lines are harmoniously interrupted by the presence of the small arched bridge. The form, size, color contrasts and the reflection on the water of the arch bridge were arresting and drew my eyes into the image. To smooth out the little ripples on the canal, I installed my tripod for a long exposure. I used a 10 stop ND filter and took a 40 second exposure. As always, I used the live time fea-ture on my camera to get a perfect exposure (ettr).
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor