In June of 2017 my wife and I took a trip that was a big loop through central California, taking in several national parks and other scenic locations. However, there were a number of things that we could not do because some roads were still closed from the previous winter's snow. We decided to go back in the fall of the following year to pick up the things that we had missed, and to see some new ones.
One of those new places was Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. I had found a guide on the better locations for photography there, and we spent several days visiting them. One of the spots was called Triple Arch. The guide gave directions for finding it, which involved locating a particular landmark in the distance from a parking area, followed by a kilometer hike and some additional navigation. On our first attempt, we just didn't find it.
When some other spots did not take as much time as expected, we planned to try for the arch again on the last morning. I made a different identification of the landmark, and this time we found it. The second attempt also gave us an opportunity to start earlier in the morning, so the sun was lower in the sky.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor