I was winding down from a long day of exploring Colorado's San Juan Mountains. My goal was to find somewhere to camp that wasn't high up in the mountains. So, I headed north towards Telluride and came up to this overlook.
The sun was going to set soon. So, I stayed there and started looking for good compositions to represent this scene in its best light. I got a few pictures that look directly south and off the road toward the peak in this photo. And then the clouds lit up, and a bit of alpenglow started on the peaks.
I like this scene the best because of how the colors in the forest complement the colors in the sky. I also felt the layers in the scene create depth and perspective in the photo.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor