September 2014 was my first trip to the Scottish Highlands. My wife and I spent a week on the famous Isle of Skye. We went principally for the hiking, but photography was a secondary and essential trip objective.
One day, I was scouting image sites on the Island. Driving near Kirkibost, I saw this little pond at the foot of a beautiful mountain range. A white spot on the water caught my eye. I parked the car on the side of the road and took out my long focal lens to identify the reflection. I saw it was the reflection of a lone white house near the shoreline.
I was awed by the scenery. All the essential elements of the composition were there: lines, curves, textures, patterns, shapes, colours, and framing elements. So, I used my wide-angle lens handheld to take the picture. This perfectly illustrates why the Scottish Highlands are deemed a photographer’s paradise.
This explains why, in 2016, I organized a photo trip with friends to the same destination. My LPM Portfolio contains several images taken in this paradise.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor