September 2014 was my first trip to the Scottish Highlands. My wife and I spent a week on the famous Isle of Skye. We went principally for the hiking, but photography was a secondary and essential trip objective.
One day, I was scouting image sites on the Island. Driving near Kirkibost, I saw this little pond at the foot of a beautiful mountain range. A white spot on the water caught my eye. I parked the car on the side of the road and took out my long focal lens to identify the reflection. I saw it was the reflection of a lone white house near the shoreline.
I was awed by the scenery. All the essential elements of the composition were there: lines, curves, textures, patterns, shapes, colours, and framing elements. So, I used my wide-angle lens handheld to take the picture. This perfectly illustrates why the Scottish Highlands are deemed a photographer’s paradise.
This explains why, in 2016, I organized a photo trip with friends to the same destination. My LPM Portfolio contains several images taken in this paradise.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor