Timing is everything in photography. I planned my first trip to Lofoten, Norway during the winter hoping for fresh snow and northern lights. I got my first wish on the day of my arrival. A major snowstorm arrived the afternoon I was supposed to fly from Bodo to Leknes and the only daily flight was cancelled with no available flight until days later. A ferry was my only option, so I spent 6 hours on stormy seas getting to an alternate destination in Lofoten. The next morning greeted me with an amazing blanket of snow.
Visiting and photographing iconic locations produce one beautiful image after another. The night sky, however, was not as cooperative. The northern lights eluded me until my last night on the island village of Reine. My vantage point from my fishing village cabin provided great views of the mountain peaks as the northern lights danced above.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor