This photograph of Lake Monroe was taken just before the peak of the autumn colours season in Mont Tremblant National Park, Quebec, Canada. The contrast between the saturated foliage, the reflection in the calm water and the blue/grey tones of the sky and lake are particularly striking. The leading lines created by the shapes of the small hills and their reflections lead our eyes to end of the bay and the morning mist still hanging in the valley. That morning I got up early, as it is a 1 and a half hour drive from Montreal. My efforts were well rewarded: silence, stillness and beautiful nature; I was happy to be in the moment with my camera.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor