This photograph of Lake Monroe was taken just before the peak of the autumn colours season in Mont Tremblant National Park, Quebec, Canada. The contrast between the saturated foliage, the reflection in the calm water and the blue/grey tones of the sky and lake are particularly striking. The leading lines created by the shapes of the small hills and their reflections lead our eyes to end of the bay and the morning mist still hanging in the valley. That morning I got up early, as it is a 1 and a half hour drive from Montreal. My efforts were well rewarded: silence, stillness and beautiful nature; I was happy to be in the moment with my camera.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor