Standing on a hillside overlooking the San Quirico d'Orcia Valley in Tuscany, Italy, I patiently waited for the sun to rise.
As every landscape photographer knows, the golden hours at dusk and dawn provide the best opportunities for capturing the best light of the day, and no better place to experience this quality of light is in Tuscany at dawn.
At 05:00, as the sun started to rise, the first sprinkles of sunlight started peeping over the horizon and then slowly started lighting up the hills and the valley below. I captured this particular image at 05:06.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor