Most of the best images we create as landscape or nature photographers involve complex journeys to arrive at beautiful destinations, often enduring brutal physical exertion and risky climbs or descents to remote areas. The only thing complex about this scene was the flight to get to Oahu from the mainland, and finding a large area of the Pacific from the shore with few or no vessels in the frame during a very busy afternoon.
The light at this time of day was bizarre, and the sunlight on the water created an almost unreal effect. I knew when I captured this one that the minimalism of the one sailboat was exactly what I was looking for. I hope their view was as awesome as mine!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor