A smoky, hazy sunrise over Basswood Lake from a trip canoeing in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCA), Minnesota, USA. Our campsite was just outside the area they had closed to visitors due to the wild fires just over 12 miles away (as the crow flies) in Canada. The entire trip we were greeted with hazy, smoke filled skies due to several different wild fires burning to the North in Canada as well as the Western United States. Unfortunately, all the haze limited the night sky photos I had planned to take but it did certainly enhance the morning sunrise.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor