This image was taken in Late April 2021, just after the park roads were opened from West Yellowstone. It is my favorite time of year to visit the Yellowstone. There is usually very little traffic and sparse crowds. It was a chilly, partly cloudy day with a steady northwest wind. Perfect conditions for photographing the springs and geysers.
I loved the reflection of the clouds and of the trees on the snow-covered slopes off the surface of the spring. They added yet another layer and dimension to an already incredibly textured landscape.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor