Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was hiking in the Torridon Valley area of Scotland late on a November day when I came upon this stand of trees. It appeared that they were scorched by wildfire not too long ago. Illuminated by the late afternoon light, the trees and golden grasses stood out against the mountainside background which was in deep shadow. I usually use a tripod for my landscape photography, but I got a bit lazy and left it behind, so I adjusted my settings to ensure my shutter speed was fast enough to hand hold the shot.
I did little work in post processing. Darkening the background and increasing the contrast and saturation a bit was all it took get this result.
The landscape photo opportunities in the Northwest Highlands of Scotland include mountains, lochs, valleys and rivers. I explored the more popular areas but sometimes, the most unique photos are found on a simple walk through the countryside.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor