The village of Langza is commonly referred to as the “Fossil Village” and sometimes also as the “highest village in the world”. The name of the village is believed to have derived from the words ‘La’ which means a mountain pass and ‘Za’ which is short for Zama, a form of clay pottery practiced in the village. Another theory states that the name comes from the word ‘Lang’ – the village temple.
The village and its nearby areas are full of marine fossils; one of the many things that put Langza on the tourist map.
It was during April'21 I visited this place and it was during afternoon while going towards Hikkim village, I found this amazing riot of colors in the vast agricultural field of Langza village
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor