Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This is a scene I’d had my eye on for a couple of years, but I’d just been waiting for the conditions to come to me. We’d had a cold spell and the temperature had been below zero all week, but all my efforts to capture a winter scene had eluded me so far.
Finally, on the last day of the cold spell I remembered this location. I rose early and drove straight to the location and the conditions were perfect for the image I had had in my mind all this time. I walked into the field, set my tripod, framed the scene and the moment the image appeared on the monitor I knew I had the image I was looking for with the old stable and tree covered in hoar frost just emerging from the morning mist.
This feeling of elation must be the same sort of emotion film workers experience when they see an image appear in their developing tray. I love the delicacy of the frost on the tree and the background just visible in the morning mist gives me that separation and simplicity I was looking for. Two hours after this shot was taken, it thawed and never froze again for the remainder of the year.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor