Ataúro is a small island opposite Díli, the capital of Timor-Leste, the young nation that became independent in 2002.
It's a paradise for divers, hikers, and nature lovers in general.
We went for a weekend and woke up before sunrise just to witness the mangroves waking up in the sea. The tones were amazing, and I barely edited the photo and its pink color.
I made several photos with different settings. The long exposure ones, turning the sea smooth as silk are, by far, my favorite ones.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor