These are the cypresses of San Quirico d'Orcia, one of the most photographed spots in Tuscany.
The photo was taken in early spring 2022 during a weekend of rain, wind and snow overnight – a rather unpredictable start to spring.
But, in any weather condition and in any season, it is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful, iconic and magical places in the Val d'Orcia.
You just have to be a little lucky and find a place in the few car parks along the road leading to Pienza.
In the worst-case scenario, you can park in second gear (don't worry, don't invade the road) and hope the other photographers are slower than you to take pictures!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor