This is a rather fun story. My wife and I finally had a chance to visit New England in the fall and for this trip we situated ourselves in Woodstock VT, an epicenter of some of Vermont’s hotspots
Rising early one morning I headed south to Jenne Hill Road to capture my version of one of the most photographed farms in Vermont, the Jenne Hill Farm. It is a very lovely setting and quite conducive for photographers and artists as there is a nice flat area on a knoll that overlooks the farm with convenient parking and open space. I arrived early and for the first part of the morning had the ridge to myself. However, a little while into sunrise, a fellow photographer shows up with a BIG box camera. I watch the process of him setting up and pretty soon we are chatting. Well, it turns out that this is Al, one of my photography buddies working companion. Al, who every weekend flies to someplace to photograph and who knows virtually every spot there is to photograph. I take a picture of him with his big box camera on my smart phone and send a copy to Tony who cannot believe that I am on the same ridge with Al.
So after we had shot for a while, Al tells me that he knows of a good location close by of a sugar shack and wants to know if I want to go along. Sure. We jump into our cars and I have to drive like crazy to keep up with him. Al takes me up to the top of Caper Hill Road where we have the really nice view of the Springbrook Farm Sugar house. I have since visited this spot several times. Thanks Al.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor