Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
In January of this year, before the pandemic was on anyone's radar in the US we took a trip to Death Valley. On our first day there we hiked out onto the sand dunes at Mesquite Flats well before sunrise not sure what to expect. Even by the light of a setting moon, the allure of the dunes was unbelievable. As we waited for the sun to rise we created a lot of images, but after the sun broke the horizon the true beauty of the dunes was apparent.
The sharp intersections between light and dark were amazing and all around us, there were amazing vistas both large and small to behold. It was almost sensory overload, I didn't know quite where to look and whether to look close or far. So I did both. I used my full-spectrum infrared converted camera with a 720nm filter on the 70-200mm lens and started close and moved outwards, trying to catch the sinuous feeling of the dunes. We left the dunes about an hour after the sun came up, after spending about 3 hours there, my boots were filled with sand, our cards were full and we were exhausted, but incredibly happy.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor