I had left in the dark to get out to the dunes by daybreak. My photography partner started climbing the dunes while I worked a more circumferential route. This simple composition stood out to me after crossing to the backside of the main dune field. It was still blue hour when I captured the scene looking toward the east.
To fully display the tonality of the dunes, I spread the highlights out on the right side of the histogram while leaving the pinkish tones from the blue hour as they were.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor