This photo was taken in the middle of winter on the south coast of Victoria, Australia, in the small town of Anglesea.
I was experimenting with the camera's dynamic range and looking for compositions that detailed contrast. At the time, this was a relatively new concept, and I was unsure how to handle the conditions. I ended up with multiple exposures for each composition I found as I tried to find the right balance.
As soon as I snapped the first shot of this scene, I liked what I saw. I loved the angles, the simplicity, and the obvious temperature contrasts. But unfortunately, at that stage of my journey, my postproduction skills were very limited, and the image, initially, didn’t get the treatment it deserved.
Now, nearly 4 years later, I took another swing at it and am much happier with the new edit.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor