I have driven past this place many times over the past five or six years and always thought I should pull off the highway and make the effort to climb through the deep snow nearby to capture this scene.
One afternoon when driving through, the late afternoon light was just right, and the winter snow wasn't too deep where I needed to find the right frame. However, the work it took to get into position (without snow shoes at the time) was definitely worth the effort.
Oregon is known for these scenes, and I thought this one perfectly sums up our state in one frame. What a beautiful forested land we have!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor