During the summer of 2017, we spent two weeks visiting the gorgeous Gaspé region of Quebec. One night we stayed overnight near Coin-du-Banc, facing the Gulf of Saint Lawrence. Before going to bed, I had spotted a wonderful composition possibility with the shoreline leading to the iconic rock monument at Percé. I got up at 4 am the following morning, and, reaching the shoreline, I installed my tripod and an ND filter. All the elements I had visualized the previous evening were present: colours, leading lines on the shoreline and in the clouds. To accentuate the textures in the slowly moving clouds and dissipate the small waves on the water, I took a 20-second exposure. At 4:32 am when the colors were intense, using my livetime feature on my camera, this yielded a perfect exposure (ETTR).
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor