Growing up in Portland, OR, and being around constant traffic and tall buildings, it was a rare occurrence to be able to really enjoy a sunset. After moving to Alaska ten years ago, I found myself in constant awe of the sunsets and nature surrounding us. This image is of the local "dog beach" during a relaxing night at home. My husband was grilling, and I, as noted before, found myself in awe of that night's sunset. I grabbed my camera, made my way across the street from our lodge, and set up my tripod in slippers standing in the Northern Lynn Canal. During this, I thought to myself how grateful I was to have such an option, to be able to just run across the road and have such a fantastic view at our front door.
Thank you, Southeast Alaska; you never disappoint.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor