The Sonoma Valley Regional Park, near Glen Ellen, is a 220-acre park that I've hiked throughout. The mist was just rising off the Damselfly Pond on this particular morning. Near first light, the mist was very heavy, but as the sun rose, it burned off within 30 min.
The pond is surrounded by majestic oaks, but these two stood out alone. I imagined them to be like two sisters on the playground of a new school, so I named it 'Sisters'. I liked the composition with my camera pointing down at the lake, as opposed to level, and it gave it sort of an optical illusion - almost like the opposite shoreline is somehow floating in the sky.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor