Although owned by a private estate, this beach is a very popular one for sun-seekers in England, and at peak times can get very crowded. In fact I would not set foot near the place on a busy holiday weekend.
Fortunately for us photographers however, most people are making their way up the steep steps from the beach to the car park by late afternoon, and being September, there were few people around by late afternoon anyway.
It was not long before we had the entire place to ourselves, a balmy late-summer evening with a flat-calm, aqua-blue sea and a delightful pink hue in the sunset sky, showcasing Durdle Door, the natural limestone rock arch which makes this spot so immediately recognisable.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor