This image was made at Panikhaiti, a location close to my hometown of Guwahati (India), on a warm monsoon morning when the flood water of the river Brahmaputra was at its peak swell. This is one of my favourite playgrounds when it comes to photography because of the variety it provides in terms of look and the mood the location creates.
In winter, the rocks atop this tree sits are revealed as the river's water recedes. On the contrary, as seen in this image, its base gets completely submerged during the monsoon. To add to this location's dark and eerie mood that morning, we had these low-hanging, dark, rain-bearing clouds. This is a vertical panorama of two shots.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor