This image was made at Panikhaiti, a location close to my hometown of Guwahati (India) on a warm monsoon morning when the flood water of the river Brahmaputra was at its peak swell. This is one of my favourite playgrounds when it comes to photography because of the variety it provides in terms of look and the mood the location creates. In winters the rocks atop which this tree sits are revealed as the water of the river recedes. On the contrary, its base gets completely submerged during the monsoon as seen in this image. To add to the dark and eerie mood this location created that morning, we had these low hanging dark rain-bearing clouds. This is a vertical panorama of two shots.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor